12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
HPE5013 will provide participants with the opportunity to integrate their knowledge of educational theory, assessment and evaluation while developing, with constructive feedback, educational initiatives appropriate to their own educational roles e.g. new ways of bedside teaching, lecture delivery, initiating small group work, redeveloping an examination or assessment package.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Complete a reflective analysis of their educational practice in a specific context.
- Review their own practice in light of the educational literature in the field.
- Identify and describe an educational initiative related to their own practice, through critical analysis of course documentation, course evaluation, or through student feedback or assessment data.
- Design and evaluate a new, or modify an existing course or educational programme based on current educational theory.
- Create a report based on the initiative to address all elements of the curriculum innovation and its evaluation in relation to the literature.
- Project proposal (3,000 words) (40%) (Hurdle)
- Project report (8,000 words) (60%) (Hurdle)
Off-campus students: 10 hours per week.
See also Unit timetable information