6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Covers the core skills for enterprise architects, addressing the structuring and delivery of IT services in organisations. Addresses topics including SaaS, Cloud computing, enterprise 2.0 and other collaborative technologies, services science management and engineering and services strategy.
On the completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the purpose of enterprise architectures and the underlying principles of their design;
- explain individual IT systems and services as interrelated components of an enterprise-wide platform;
- implement knowledge of industry-standard enterprise architecture models, approaches, frameworks and standards;
- describe into the need for sound data, information and technology governance strategies;
- implement substantively to decisions regarding the design of an enterprise architecture for an organisation;
- explain the alignment of an organisation's IT strategy, platforms and systems with the overall organisational strategy and management functions.
Summer Semester: Examination (3 hours): 60%, In-semester assessment: 40%
Semester 2: Examination (2 hours): 50%, In-semester assessment: 50%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- 2 hours of lectures
- One 2-hour tutorial
- Study schedule for off-campus students:
- Off-campus students generally do not attend lecture and tutorial sessions, however should plan to spend equivalent time working through the relevant resources and participating in discussion groups each week.
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 8 hours independent study per week for completing lab and project work, private study and revision.
See also Unit timetable information
For all students other than those enrolled in the Master of Business: FIT9123 or FIT5123 or FIT9006 or equivalent