0 points, SCA Band 2, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
This unit is available only to Engineering PhD students.
This unit focuses on the physical processes of land surface hydrology, covering evapotranspiration, precipitation, interception, infiltration and surface flows. The unit also covers the combination of these processes in surface hydrology models, including calibration and applications.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- compile time series data on precipitation and evapotranspiration.
- model water flow processes in the unsaturated zone.
- understand the process that control runoff and stream flow.
- develop a conceptual hydrological model.
- apply hydrological models to real-world problems.
- work both independently and collaboratively on complex surface water problems.
Continuous assessment: 40%
Final Examination (3 hours): 60%
Students are required to achieve at least 45% in the total continuous assessment component and at least 45% in the final examination component and an overall mark of 50% to achieve a pass grade in the unit.
3 hours lectures/practice and 9 hours of private study per week.
See also Unit timetable information