6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Professor Jeffrey Walker (Clayton)
Dr Vivi Anggraini (Malaysia)
This unit is an extension to Project A that allows the chosen project to be explored in more depth and to incorporate experimental or theoretical work. The project outcomes are to be summarised in a research paper and oral presentation.
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Conduct research on topics related to civil engineering within a given timeline
- Develop a sound research plan based on available scientific tools relevant to the project
- Undertake an extensive review of relevant literature
- Analyse data and prepare a written research paper of high quality
- Communicate findings to a professional audience via oral presentation
Practical work: 100% (poster presentation, progress report, technical research paper and oral presentation)
12 hours per week
See also Unit timetable information