6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Lending environment; decision making and organisation of lending, lending policies and controls; behavioural aspects of decision making and decision-makers; retail, commercial and corporate lending; business expansions; off balance sheet lending; loan management and problem loans.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- apply appropriate analysis techniques to particular loan facilities
- analyse the risk return characteristics (and pricing) of a loan application
- examine the major types of lending products and gain the ability to match these products to customer needs
- investigate the behavioural aspects of decision making and decision makers
- describe statistical techniques used in decision making at the approval, monitoring and termination stages of lending
- apply critical thinking, problem solving and presentation skills to individual and/or group activities dealing with lending decisions and demonstrate in an individual summative assessment task the acquisition of a comprehensive understanding of the topics covered by BFW3841.
First semester -
Within semester assessment: 30% + Examination: 70%
Second semester -
Within semester assessment: 40% + Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
AFF3841, BFF3841, AFW3841