6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This unit is the capstone unit for the Bachelor of Commerce and as such draws together the learning and experiences gained from previous Commerce units. The unit provides students the opportunity to demonstrate being critical and creative scholars and responsible and effective global citizens, and to analyse and provide multidisciplinary solutions to a current issue in commerce via a team-based approach.
Upon successful completion of this unit it is expected that BCom graduates will:
- be critical and creative scholars who:
- produce innovative solutions to problems
- apply research skills to business challenges
- communicate effectively and perceptively
- be responsible and effective global citizens who:
- engage in an internationalised world
- exhibit cross cultural competence
- demonstrate ethical values
- have comprehensive understanding of their discipline and be able to provide discipline based solutions relevant to the business, professional and public policy communities that we serve
- be able to construct conceptual frameworks and use these to analyse complex issues in the corporate sector, government and the professions.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must have completed 96 credit points.
Must be enrolled in B2001,B2006, B2008, B20141, B20142, B20143, B2020, B2021, B2008,B2006, B2025, B2022, B2023, D30031, D30032, E3005, L3005.