6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
The unit provides a unique experience for students to begin the pathway to Honours study. It is designed to prepare students who have majored in -Communications to engage more deeply in research and further develop the research and conceptual skills required for study at Honours level. Unit assessment provides students with the opportunity to undertake in-depth research in a topic or debate of their choice.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students will:
- Increase knowledge of contemporary arguments and debates in their discipline.
- Demonstrate a greater depth of analysis and engagement with conceptual frameworks arising from a higher level of independent research.
- Extend their communication skills in writing and presentation.
- Understand and possess the skills necessary for research at Honours level.
- Be able to develop a research proposal appropriate for 4th year study.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Twelve credit points of second-year Arts units.