6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- The unit has a compulsory ensemble componentensemble component (http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/music/category/performance-studies/student-ensembles/). Some ensembles are subject to audition. Normally, auditions take place in Week 1 of the semester. Please see the unit guide for further information.
- Students who fail this unit will need permission from the unit coordinator in order to repeat the unit.
This unit consolidates advanced skills in creative music technology developed in ATS2130 Creative music technology 4. Students further develop technical skills by conceptualising and articulating a distinctive work (for example, a performance or installation). Students develop new strategies and refine personal 'sound' production values in relation to this task, and this prepares them for the extended focus of the final unit in the sequence, ATS3143 Creative music technology 6.
Upon completion of the unit, students are able to:
- Conceptualise and articulate the basis for a distinctive work;
- Develop strategies and technologies to facilitate detailed concepts;
- Identify ways in which to refine personal 'sound' production values that are inherent in recorded music.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
ATS2130 or ATS2809
This unit is only available to students enrolled in a Bachelor of Music single or double degree - Creative music technology specialisation.