12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This is a core unit for the Bachelor of Global Studies
This unit builds on the foundations of the Leadership for Social Change 1 and 2. Working through problem-based learning scenarios, students will be expected to demonstrate their knowledge of forms of leadership and their link to addressing questions of global challenges and the drivers of social change. The unit will provide a forum in which students will bring together both discipline-specific and interdisciplinary skills that they have acquired over their study. Students will build on the synthesising of this knowledge to formulate practical and innovative approaches to global challenges.
- Apply interdisciplinary methods to a range of contemporary global challenges.
- Independently construct approaches to understanding to a range of contemporary global challenges.
- Demonstrate an awareness of different cultural contexts and their importance in mediating social change.
- Demonstrate advanced critical and analytical skills.
- Communicate outcomes of new knowledge in an effective way, both orally and in writing.
- Build on and develop collaborative and leadership skills.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information