6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
- The unit may be offered as part of the Winter Arts ProgramWinter Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/winter-program.html).
This unit aims to consolidate and to extend language skills acquired in Intensive introductory Indonesian. In the cultural component students further develop their understanding of the factors that influence development in the region. It is specifically designed to further develop the language and cultural competencies required for fieldwork.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners should be able to:
- understand and speak basic Indonesian in a range of everyday situations and fieldwork specific contexts
- read elementary but authentic Indonesian texts related to working context
- understand structural aspects of Indonesian
- have an enhanced understanding of language learning and communication strategies, and
- understand and have the means to evaluate developments in Indonesian society, culture, politics, and religions.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Approval by the unit co-ordinator