The French studies program is home to the Australian Journal of French Studies.
Specific research strengths include:
- 19th-century French literature (especially Zola and the late 19th-century novel)
- contemporary poetry
- contemporary popular culture
- critical theory and practice
- film studies
- foreign language learning and classroom instruction
- French political philosophy and social theory
- literary translation and translation studies
- new technologies and language learning
- the contemporary novel
- writing in a foreign language and L2 writing instruction.
For a full list of staff and research interests, see http://www.arts.monash.edu.au/historical-studies/staff/index.html.