SPN2050 - Spanish studies 5
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Dr Marisa Cordella
Clayton First semester 2009 (Day)
As for SPN1050
On completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Converse in Spanish for 20-25 minutes about past, current and hypothetical issues as well as engage in complex conversations and discussions about historical, political and social matters.
- Be able to comprehend T.V/radio news-reports from different Spanish speaking regions and Hispanic American countries.
- Write descriptive, narrative, fiction and argumentative passages of up to 1000 words in Spanish, with the help of a Spanish-English dictionary and a reference grammar.
- Read and comprehend articles using a variety of registers and styles of writing of up to 3500 words in Spanish.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key aspects of Hispanic cultures and societies.
Culture component: 30%
Aural and written tests: 25%
Oral and written tasks: 20%
4 hours (1 x 1 hour lectures and 3 x 1 hour language tutorials) per week