SPN2040 - Spanish studies 4
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Dr Stewart King
As for SPN1040
On completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Converse in Spanish for approximately 25 minutes about past, present and future activities.
- Use the following tenses and moods: the present habitual, the present progressive, the present perfect, preterite and imperfect, the informal and formal future, the present and imperfect subjunctive, and the imperative.
- Write compositions of up to 1500 words in Spanish, with the help of a Spanish-English dictionary and a reference grammar.
- Engage in complex conversations and discussions in Spanish, about themselves and political and social issues.
- Read and comprehend articles and narrative and descriptive literary texts of up to 2000 words in Spanish.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key aspects of Hispanic cultures and societies.
Culture component: 30%
Written work: 20%
Mid-semester test: 10%
Oral test: 10%
Written and listening exam: 30%
1x1 hour cultural tutorial, 3x1 hour language tutorials
13 October 2017 07 December 2019