SPN2020 - Spanish studies 2
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Dr Sarah McDonald
Clayton Second semester 2009 (Day)
As for SPN1020
On completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Converse in basic Spanish for 15-20 minutes about past, present and future activities.
- Use the following tenses: the present habitual, the present progressive, the present perfect, preterite and imperfect, and the informal and formal future.
- Write compositions of up to 300 words in Spanish, with the help of a Spanish-English dictionary and a reference grammar.
- Engage in conversations and discussions in Spanish, about themselves, their family and friends, Australia and the world at large.
- Read and comprehend newspaper articles and narrative and descriptive literary texts of up to 1000 words in Spanish.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key aspects of Hispanic cultures and societies
Culture component: 30%
Written work: 10%
Oral test: 10%
Written exam: 30%
1x1 hour lecture, 2x2 hour language tutorials
Students enrolled in Arts courses are prohibited from taking this unit. In addition, students enrolled in this unit are prohibited from taking SPN1020.