PLM5000A - Research dissertation - Part 1
12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Andy Butfoy
Students will have an opportunity to conduct in-depth research into a topic of their choice under staff supervision.
Upon successfully completing this subject, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate developed skills to read critically material from, and acquire knowledge of, a selected field of international relations.
- Demonstrate developed skills in presenting such knowledge in an academically sound and convincing manner.
- Identify and develop a specific topic in the field of international relations for investigation;
- demonstrate an awareness and command of the available sources; and
- present a clear, logically ordered and sustained argument which meets high scholarly standards.
Essay (2500 words): 50%
Examination (2 hours): 50%
0.5 hour supervisory meeting per fortnight
Students must have a distinction plus (70%+) in the two core units of the Master of International Relations program.