MUS2070 - Ensemble studies III
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): David Griffiths
- Ensemble rehearsals and performance of selected repertoire and
- extended practical training and analysis in the materials and structure of music with an emphasis on their relationship to ensemble performance. Included will be related melodic, rhythmic and harmonic structures and studies in the history and style of the selected repertoire.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will able to:
- Demonstrate required practical and discriminatory skills.
- Demonstrate developed interactive and cooperative performance skills.
- Implement competent practice routines and a disciplined, self-critical approach to performance.
- Demonstrate developed aural skills.
- Demonstrate an in depth theoretical understanding of repertoire studied.
Written (2500 words): 40%
Concert performance/practical examinations: 60%
3 hours (1 x 2.5 hour rehearsal and 1 x 0.5 hour tutorial) per week
13 October 2017 11 December 2019