MUS1130 - Ensemble studies II
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): David Griffiths
Clayton Second semester 2009 (Day)
- Ensemble rehearsals and performance of selected repertoire and
- training in the materials and structure of music with an emphasis on their relationship to ensemble performance. Included will be related melodic, rhythmic, harmonic structures and studies in the history and style of selected repertoire.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will able to:
- Demonstrate required practical and discriminatory skills.
- Demonstrate developing interactive and cooperative performance skills.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of competent practice routines and a disciplined, self-critical approach to performance.
- Demonstrate developing aural skills.
- Demonstrate a theoretical understanding of repertoire studied.
Written (2500 words): 40%
Concert performance/practical examinations: 60%
3 hours (1 x 2.5 hour rehearsal and 1 x 0.5 hour tutorial) per week
13 October 2017 11 December 2019