MME5004 - Clinical placement 4
12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
This unit is the final clinical studies unit and builds upon the foundations established in the previous two Clinical Placement units. This unit builds on the clinical expertise developed in those units, develops a high level of competency in the essential clinical practice skills required for appropriate performance as a clinician in a health setting. Students will have the opportunity to consolidate their knowledge and skills by participating in supervised clinical practice which will incorporate a range of learning experiences designed to continue to develop their clinical reasoning, diagnostic and case management skills. The unit continues to explore practical issues in health delivery in the area of the student's medical specialty.
On successful completion of this unit students will be equipped with the tools to become advanced practitioners capable of solving problems in their own specialties. Students will have extended their clinical knowledge and procedural skills to a high level of competency and will be able to:
- apply advanced clinical knowledge
- demonstrate advanced procedural skills in the specialist area
- make and justify appropriate clinical decisions;
- communicate effectively with patients, family members and other health professionals;
- collaborate effectively with other health professionals to provide optimal patient care;
- analyse and solve problem necessary to function as an effective clinician;
- prioritise and effectively execute tasks through teamwork with colleagues.
Observed clinical encounters (70%)
Case presentations (30%)
Learning portfolio (Hurdle)