MME5002 - Clinical placement 2
12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
This unit provides further practice in the essential clinical practice skills required for appropriate performance as a clinician in a health setting. Students will continue to broaden their knowledge and skills by participating in supervised clinical practice incorporating a range of learning experiences to enhance their clinical reasoning, diagnostic and case management skills. The unit addresses case management principles and practical issues in health delivery in the area of the student's medical specialty.
On successful completion of this unit students will able to:
- apply basic clinical knowledge
- demonstrate procedural skills in the specialist area
- make and justify appropriate clinical decisions;
- communicate effectively with patients, family members and other health professionals;
- collaborate effectively with other health professionals to provide optimal patient care;
- analyse and solve problem necessary to function as an effective clinician;
- prioritise and effectively execute tasks through teamwork with colleagues.
Observed clinical encounters (70%) (Objectives 1 to 7)
Case presentations (30%) (objectives 1, 3, 6, 7)
Learning portfolio (hurdle)
MME5001 Clinical Placement 1