MKX4900 - Independent research project
24 points, SCA Band 3, 0.500 EFTSL
Undergraduate, Postgraduate Faculty of Business and Economics
Leader(s): Dr Jan Brace-Govan
A major research project applying the procedures and techniques learned in MKF4030. Students prepare and write a report in such a way to pave the way for a higher academic degree in marketing or management or a career in business.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- identify a marketing or business issue in the research literature which has either not been adequately researched previously or which requires replication
- critically review relevant academic and business research which relates to this issue
- develop a model or conceptualisation of the proposed research and an appreciation of the relevance of such studies to the business community
- develop a set of hypotheses to be tested, propose research into these hypotheses, by means of a specific research proposal
- conduct, analyse and report findings of the research so that all main issues are identified, limitations of the research are identified and the research findings are linked back to earlier studies in the literature.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Students must be enrolled in course 0508 to undertake this unit