MKX2531 - Not for profit marketing
6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Business and Economics
Leader(s): Dr Jan Brace-Govan
This unit will introduce students to the unique features of Not for Profit Marketing. In this very diverse sector, commercially derived marketing concepts have played an important role, but also face some special challenges. The aim is to explore the similarities, differences and challenges for marketing in social and political marketing, government and education marketing, arts and culture marketing using examples from Australia and around the world.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- explain the importance of marketing in the not for profit organisation
- compare and contrast marketing in not for profit and for profit organisations
- describe the adjustments marketing must address in not for profit organisations
- illustrate appropriate marketing from the not for profit sector
- practice communication skills for marketing in not for profit organisations.
Within semester assessment: 60%
Examination (2 hours): 40%
3 hours class contact or equivalent per week