MKC3460 - Integrated marketing communication
6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Business and Economics
Leader(s): Mr Peter Thompson
Clayton First semester 2009 (Day)
This unit builds on MKC1200 by extending the issues relating to communication. Conceptual framework for the planning, integration and control of the communication process; determining the communication options available to organisations; developing realistic communication objectives for different types of marketing communication; budgeting and allocating resources to the communication elements within the budget. Evaluating the effectiveness of the marketing communication plan and the strategic use of the techniques of advertising, sales promotion, publicity/PR and personal selling, sponsorship, direct marketing and the use of communication in electronic commerce.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- critically evaluate the role of Integrated Marketing Communication in building brand equity
- employ a conceptual framework for the planning, integrating and control of the marketing communication process
- demonstrate the strategic use of each of the communication elements -- advertising, direct marketing, sales promotion and PR/publicity
- formulate relevant ideas on campaign message and creative strategies and discuss them
- recommend appropriate ways to evaluate a marketing communication campaign.
Within semester assessment: 50%
Examination (2 hours): 50%
3 hours per week or equivalent