MKC2500 - Marketing research analysis
6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Business and Economics
Leader(s): Dr Neil Diamond
Clayton First semester 2009 (Day)
This unit introduces sample survey methods, statistical techniques for the analysis of survey data and also introduces qualitative research techniques. It provides students with the knowledge and skills required to understand the role research methods play in problem identification, decision making, strategy development, marketing planning and the evaluation of marketing performance.
The learning objectives of this unit are to:
- describe the steps in planning and implementing marketing research projects
- demonstrate the skills and competencies required to conduct both qualitative and quantitative marketing research
- demonstrate the skills required to analyse and interpret sample data
- understand the role and importance of marketing research within organisations
- communicate the results of marketing research projects.
Within semester assessment: 40%
Examination (2 hours): 60%
3 hours class contact or equivalent per week