MGC3130 - The management of change
6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Business and Economics
Leader(s): Dr Ramanie Samaratunge
Clayton Second semester 2009 (Day)
This unit examines the process of organisation change within the theoretical frameworks of organisation culture, power and leadership. It examines the major schools of thought concerning the management of change, and analyses change processes used in organisations.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- discuss the major conceptual models underlying the OD change process and the role of the OD practitioner and his/her relationship with the client system
- critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of diagnostic techniques and its importance for the success of the planned change program
- discuss the main features of different interventions for the individual, work, group and organisational levels
- explain current trends in OD and speculate on how OD is likely to change in the near future
- demonstrate skills to analyse case studies of change situations.
Within semester assessment: 50%
Examination (3 hours): 50%
3 hours per week