MEU9006 - Evaluation in Health Professional Education
3 points, SCA Band 0 (NATIONAL PRIORITY), 0.0625 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
Leader(s): Dr Margaret Bearman
Educational evaluation is essential in developing quality teaching and learning as it provides the opportunity to assess the value of a particular activity, program or process; generally with a view to improvement. MEU9006 will develop participants' understanding of educational evaluation principles as well as their capacity to conduct evaluation within their unique educational settings. It will introduce theoretical perspectives as well as the practical skills necessary to implement a basic
On completion of this unit participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between various models of educational evaluation.
- Identify the educational evaluation theoretical perspectives relevant to their own teaching environment.
- Perform basic evaluation skills such as adaptation of instruments and conducting of interviews.
- Plan an evaluation of their own teaching.
- Identify how evaluation outcomes might impact upon their future teaching and learning activities.
Evaluation plan or evaluation report (90%)
Teaching portfolio (10%)
Six (6) hours per week