MEU9001 - Teaching and learning in health professional education
6 points, SCA Band 0 (NATIONAL PRIORITY), 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
Leader(s): Dr Geoff White
This unit will involve participants in the development of their teaching skills, including the theoretical aspects of teaching and learning in a variety of settings.
On completion of this unit, participants will be able to:
- Plan teaching and learning for a variety of contexts demonstrating participant-centred principles including preparation of learning objectives, teaching resources, aligned objectives, instructional methods and participant outcomes;
- Demonstrate competence as a teacher and the ability to reflect constructively on own skill and that of others;
- Compare and contrast individual perspectives on teaching and learning with a range of theoretical models;
- Analyse a range of contemporary practices in health professional education with
- Compare different educational approaches across a variety of health professions and consider strengths and weaknesses in relation to own teaching practice.
Teaching practical and plan (30%)
Teaching sequence plan (40%)
Analytical refelction on the teaching sequence plan (10%)
Teaching portfolio (20%).
Off-campus attendance requirements
Off-campus with compulsory study days