KOR2010 - Korean 1
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Dr Young-A Cho
Clayton First semester 2009 (Day)
An introduction to contemporary Korean, with special emphasis on spoken usage for everyday situations. Students will be introduced to the Korean alphabet and begin to produce simple written Korean.
Upon completing this unit, students should:
- Be able to participate in simple social conversations in Korean.
- Possess basic 'survival' Korean for traveling in Korea.
- Be able to communicate basic information about themselves and family members.
- Be able to read and write simple Korean.
- Have a basic understanding of Korean culture.
Class tests and written work: 60%
4 hours (2 x 1 hour lectures and 2 x 1 hour tutorials) per week