JPL2060 - Japanese 6
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Clayton Second semester 2009 (Day)
This is the second part of an intermediate sequence which covers both spoken language and contemporary written language. It focuses on the language required for business and hospitality industry situations such a job interview and includes a major project developing publicity material for Japanese tourists or residents.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Be able to understand and use Japanese grammar at advanced-intermediate level.
- Have obtained some knowledge on issues of Japanese society and culture through reading and be able to speak and write on these topics.
- Be able to read and understand extracts from Japanese texts of various genres written for Japanese audiences.
- Have developed listening and speaking skills on social issues.
- Be able to obtain information in Japanese from newspaper articles and other written materials including the internet in areas covered in Semester 2.
- Have further developed and displayed skills to use Japanese word processors.
- Be able to recognize the kanji introduced at previous levels, and 150 newly introduced characters.
- Have developed skills that will enable continued study of Japanese outside the classroom.
Tests and Examination: 65%
On-going assessment: 35%
Japanese 5 or equivalent