JLG4050 - Japanese 5
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Arts
Clayton First semester 2009 (Day)
This is the first part of an intermediate sequence which covers both spoken language and contemporary written language. Language acquisition through active interaction in and out of the classroom is encouraged. The coure content is integrated around a major project which involves interviewing a Japanese native speaker and writing a report.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Be able to understand and use Japanese grammar at intermediate level.
- Be able to read and understand extracts from Japanese texts of various genres written for Japanese audiences. 3. Have developed listening and speaking skills in their areas of interest.
- Have developed interview skills to obtain information from members of the Japanese community in Australia on tourism.
- Be able to write and talk about places in Australia that Japanese people find interesting.
- Be able to recognise the kanji introduced at previous levels, and 150 newly introduced characters.
- Have developed and displayed skills to use Japanese word processors.
- Be able to use a kanji dictionary.
- Have developed skills that will enable them to continue their Japanese outside the classroom.
Tests and examination: 65%
On-going assessment: 35%
Japanese 4 or equivalent