INM5020 - Indonesian 2
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Paul Thomas
A continuation of Indonesian 1. Lectures explore the historical, cultural, and political background to the modern Indonesian state while tutorials continue to develop proficiency in basic communication tasks, though with a greater emphasis on travel related themes.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- demonstrate greater accuracy in basic grammatical structures of the Indonesian language;
- discuss some of the cultural and historical developments that have helped shape Indonesia;
- extend their use of Indonesian to communicate everyday needs with particular emphasis on travel;
- apply acquired learning skills to new language learning environments;
- demonstrate greater ability in the use of the Internet and associated tools for research on aspects of language and culture related to Indonesia.
Spoken presentation: 25%
Cultural journal (in English): 15%
Short tasks: 10%
Written exam: 30%
Spoken exam: 20%
Two 1-hour lectures and two 1-hour tutorials per week
Off-campus attendance requirements
1 weekend school or equivalent hours with private tutor.
INM5010 or equivalent