INM4499 - Special reading course in Indonesian studies
12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Dr Brett Hough
This unit allows students with special interests to study in depth a particular topic in Indonesian linguistics, literature or culture and society. Special permission to undertake this unit must be obtained from the Honours Coordinator for Indonesian Studies.
After successfully completing this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of their chosen topic;
- identify the key sources relevant to the topic;
- develop a research proposal based on those sources;
- write a detailed research report;
- present a 20 minute oral presentation of their research findings.
More generally students are expected to develop their abilities to:
- devise and conceptualise a research project;
2. develop a viable research strategy; and
3. present logical, coherent arguments both orally and in writing.
Written work (9,000-10,000 words): 100%
A weekly thirty minute meeting.