HYM5410B - Research project in holocaust and genocide studies - Part 2
12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Mark Baker
Students undertake a reading program and research project in the field of Holocaust and Genocide studies decided in consultation with the course coordinator and potential supervisor. Students will carry out their research and write a research paper under the supervision of a member of the academic staff.
A student successfully completing HYM5410(B) will be able to demonstrate:
- the ability to plan, implement and complete a major research program under the supervision of academic staff;
- a comprehensive knowledge of the main themes, questions and issues of a particular field of study relating to the Holocaust and genocide.
- an awareness of the major methodological, theoretical and thematic issues raised by their project;
- an ability to develop sound conclusions and interpretations based upon the critical analysis of a range of evidence; and
- the fluent, effective and coherent communication of research findings and relevant theoretical and conceptual conclusions.
Research paper (9000 words): 100%
1-2 hours of meetings per week with supervisor