HYM5105B - Research project in history Part 2
12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Marc Brodie
Students undertake a reading program and research project in the field of history decided in consultation with the course coordinator and potential supervisor. Students will carry out their research and write a research paper under the supervision of a member of the academic staff.
A student successfully completing HYM5100A and HYM5105B will be able to demonstrate:
- the ability to plan, implement and complete a research program under the supervision of academic staff
- a comprehensive knowledge of the main themes, questions and issues of a particular field of study
- an awareness of the major methodological, theoretical and thematic issues raised by their project
- an ability to develop sound conclusions and interpretations based upon the critical analysis of a range of evidence
- the fluent, effective and coherent communication of research findings and relevant theoretical and conceptual conclusions.
Research paper (18,000 words): 100%
One 2-hour lecture and two 1-hour tutorials per week