HYM5045B - Renaissance research project Part 2
12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Carolyn James
Students undertaking the Master of Renaissance Studies who wish to undertake sustained research on a topic of their choice, and who may wish to proceed to a higher degree by research will complete both HYM5045A and HYM5045B. Students will complete an 18,000 word research project, working closely with a supervisor with expertise in the area of the research. They will receive training in research methodology and historiography.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Review a specific body of research in the field of Renaissance Studies and demonstrate a command of that literature.
- Identify and develop key research questions. Develop and implement a research project in the field of Renaissance Studies.
- Critically investigate a key issue in Renaissance Studies.
- Critically write up research findings.
- Construct a critical argument that is sustained by data.
- Construct a cumulative argument across an 18000 word dissertation.
- Undertake independent research with supervisory consultation.
Research essay (18,000 words): 100%