HSY3440 - The rise and fall of Nazi Germany
6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Michael Hau
Clayton First semester 2009 (Day)
As for HSY2440
Upon successful completion of this unit students will:
- Be able to identify the major causes for the failure of the Weimar Republic.
- Recognise the complexity of social developments that characterised the Weimar and Nazi periods.
- Develop their own views on the relationship between modernity and Nazism.
- Know how to critically assess the works of other historians.
- Have developed strategies for the interpretation of primary source materials.
- Have an ability to formulate, investigate and write up an independent research project.
Written work: 90%
Tutorial participation: 10%
3 hours (2 lectures and 1 tutorial) per week
A first-year sequence in History or permission
HSY2510/3510, HSY2520/3520, HSY2440