FIT5158 - Customer relationship management and data mining
6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Information Technology
Leader(s): Professor Geoff Webb
This unit provides an understanding of the business value of customer relationship management and how data mining technology can be used to improve organizational interaction with customers. Building a business around the customer relationship is the aspiration of many modern organizations. Customer relationship management and data mining has been combined together to provide the required concepts, techniques, technology and tools to achieve this goal. The unit discuss how IT and IT based techniques can be used for customer segmentation, clustering and classification, market basket analysis and association rule mining in addition to traditional CRM.
At the conclusion of FIT5158 students will be able to:
- Use software tools and techniques for identifying business opportunities, plan direct marketing campaigns and product introductions;
- Analyse and understand customer churn with data mining tools;
- Create stable and accurate predictive models and interpret results
- Provide advise to management on CRM;
- Advise management on data mining techniques and tools.
Examination (3 hours): 60%
+ Assignments: 40%
3 x contact hrs/week
FIT9004 or CSE9000 or BUS9520