FIT4037 - Case study
6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Information Technology
Leader(s): Ms Sue Foster
The Case Study provides the opportunity for students to focus their skills of system analysis and development, software design and development, documentation development and quality, system and software quality, interpersonal relationships and formal and quality documentation in the development of a solution to the Case Study project. Working as members of supervised teams, students undertake the analysis, design, documentation and implementation of an appropriate software system to assist with the resolution of a realistic business problem. As part of their success, teams will decide their methodology, and demonstrate quality planning and project planning skills.
- Implementing system analysis skills
- Implementing quality planning and project planning skills
- Providing resolution of a realistic business problem.
- Implementing software design and development skills
- Implementing software implementation skills
- Documentation development
Practical work: 100%
2 hours lectures/week, 2 hours tutorials/week