FIT4002 - Software engineering studio project
12 points, SCA Band 2, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Information Technology
Leader(s): Sita Ramakrishnan
Clayton Full year 2009 (Day)
Students will undertake a large project and work in groups on a software project for a client. The client may be internal to Monash or from the industry or research organisation. In general, projects involve all aspects of the system development lifecycle. Groups are responsible for their own project management, with guidance from a supervisor. Some projects will warrant students working in pairs or individually.
At the completion of this unit, students will have knowledge and understanding of:
- all stages in the development of a SE project;
- the role and responsibilities of clients and developers in a SE project;
- the way in which computer systems are designed, developed and implemented;
- the role of methodologies, tools and techniques;
- the processes and components of a quality system.
At the completion of this unit students will have the skills to:
- plan and manage the full range of activities in an SE project;
- work productively in a team and individually;
- communicate effectively with clients and users;
- develop and deliver on time a computer system that meets the specified requirements.
One x 2 hr seminar/week