FIT2028 - Web systems 2
6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Information Technology
Leader(s): Ms Janet Fraser (Caulfield and Clayton); Dr Gour Karmakar (Gippsland); Dr Saadat Alhashmi (Malaysia); Mr Gregory Gregoriou (South Africa)
Berwick Second semester 2009 (ONLINE-DAY)
Caulfield Second semester 2009 (Day)
Caulfield Second semester 2009 (ONLINE-DAY)
Clayton Second semester 2009 (ONLINE-DAY)
Gippsland Second semester 2009 (ONLINE-DAY)
Sunway Second semester 2009 (ONLINE-DAY)
South Africa Second semester 2009 (ONLINE-DAY)
Client-side scripting: scripting language structure and syntax, scripting events and event handlers, creating objects and using built-in objects, objects and navigation, browser objects.
On successful completion of this unit, students should have a knowledge of:
- two current scripting technologies, (one server-side, one client-side) performing a variety of Internet based functions, including access to data stores;
- an approach to web based security using these technologies; and
On successful completion of this unit have developed skills in:
- developing server side applications to perform a variety of Internet based tasks, including access to data stores, security methods, and asynchronous technologies.
On successful completion of this unit, students should have attitudes of:
- professionalism towards respecting copyright;
- requiring professional standards in designing and implementing web applications.
Final Examination (3 hours): 60%; Assignments: 40%
This unit is conducted through the Walkabout u-Learning Environment. Students self manage their learning with the help of the Walkabout environment. On campus drop in help sessions, and evening on line help sessions using the Marratech system are available for students to obtain timely assistance. A combination of pre-recorded lectures and face to face lectures are provided as required to supplement the online learning materials.
FIT1002 or CSE1202
Basic HTML, basic XML, some programming in Java, C, C# or C++
CPE3003, CSE2030, CPE201, FIT2029