ETF5400 - Special topics in econometrics I
6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Business and Economics
Leader(s): Professor Mervyn Silvapulle
Caulfield First semester 2009 (Evening)
Topics may include hypothesis testing, Bayesian econometrics, non-linear models, duality theory, specification analysis, spectral analysis, cointegration, applied time series, limited dependent variable models, economy wide modelling, models of demand and production functions, state space time series models and multivariate methods. Additional topics may be covered by visiting staff.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- define different models used in econometrics and statistics
- compare different methods of estimating and testing econometric models
- recommend suitable methods of inference
- evaluate different methods of inference for econometric models
- summarise the advantages and disadvantages of various methods of inference.
Within semester assessment: 100%
3 hours per week