EDF4427 - Business management education
6 points, SCA Band 0 (NATIONAL PRIORITY), 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate, Postgraduate Faculty of Education
Leader(s): Ms A Forsyth
EDF4427 Business Management builds on the knowledge, skills and behaviours learned in the first semester unit EDF4111 Business Education and explores relevant issues, pedagogy and professional requirements essential for teachers of Business Management and related studies in the twenty-first century classroom. Students will explore the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Business Management Study Design as an exemplar of course requirements associated with the teaching and learning of Business Management and related studies at the post compulsory level.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- demonstrate sound knowledge of relevant discipline areas associated with the teaching and learning of Business Management and related subjects (such as Enterprise Education);
- select and evaluate appropriate Business Management teaching and learning resources;
- motivate and engage students in their learning of Business Management and associated studies;
- set clear, challenging and achievable goals for students in their learning of Business Management and associated studies;
- use a range of teaching styles, procedures and technologies appropriate to best practice teaching and learning of Business Management and associated studies;
- use assessment tasks that are purposeful and relevant to the teaching and learning Business Management program and the learning needs of students;
- use a variety of assessment and reporting methods to regularly monitor student learning progress.
This unit is graded Pass Grade Only (PGO); Assessment Task 1: Assessment folio (1,000 words; 25%). Assessment Task 2: Learning and Teaching Plan (unit of work) including reflection, (3,000 words; 75%).
3 hrs per week
A minor sequence in management (generally as part of a business degree), EDF4111 Business education or EDF5494
Students must be enrolled simultaneously in a professional experience unit(s).
EDF5495 Business management education B