EDF4413 - Legal studies education
6 points, SCA Band 0 (NATIONAL PRIORITY), 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate, Postgraduate Faculty of Education
Leader(s): Ms S Venneri
Clayton Second semester 2009 (Day)
This is curriculum specialism unit is designed for students in the Graduate Diploma of Education and Bachelor of Education courses. It provides an introduction to the relationships between the teaching and learning of law-related education at secondary school level. Teaching strategies for VCE Legal Studies and Years 7 to 10 law-related topics will be explored. A number of practical activities will be undertaken during this unit.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- plan lessons to engage and motivate students with a range of abilities and interests;
- employ and develop a range of teaching and learning strategies in an effective manner;
- develop units of work and appropriate strategies to deliver these units;
- select, draw on and evaluate a range of major text, non-text and electronic resources available to teachers and students;
- design and employ accountable, flexible processes to monitor and assess student learning and progress; and
- reflect on issues and trends in law-related education.
This unit is graded Pass Grade Only (PGO); Assessment task 1: Report. (1000 words; 25%); Assessment task 2: Teaching Package (3000 words or equivalent; 75%).
3 hrs per week
A minor sequence in legal studies, and EDF4111 Business education or EDF5432
Students must be enrolled simultaneously in a professional experience unit(s).
EDF5433 Legal studies education B