ECW3301 - Case studies in international trade
6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Business and Economics
Leader(s): Dr Jaai Parasnis
Students will deepen their knowledge of Australia's traditional and emerging trading partners through lectures and contact with business people who have successful records in this field; case studies of particular countries covering economic, legal and financial aspects, will be undertaken in depth; successful Australian exporters will be examined; practical visits to operating entities to bring the topic to life.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- understand Australia's traditional and emerging trading partners
- understand the process of international trade, the parties involved and their functions
- be able to argue a point of view in a structured setting and to question and participate in a team environment
- develop a professional attitude whilst interfacing with industry practitioners
- acquire knowledge of the application of the case study method of study.
Within semester assessment: 40%
Examination (2 hours): 60%
3 hours per week