ECG9101 - Economic policy
6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate Faculty of Business and Economics
Leader(s): Mrs Judith Tennant
An introduction to the study of economics; basic microeconomics; basic macroeconomics; revision.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop analytical skills through the rigorous use of geometric models
- understand the main microeconomic issues associated with the decision making by individual consumers and firms
- recognise the welfare and efficiency implications for society of government microeconomic policy decisions
- appreciate and debate the main macroeconomic issues of inflation, unemployment and economic growth
- critically analyse government policy responses to various issues within the open economy context of Australia.
Within semester assessment: 30%
Examination (3 hours): 70%
13 October 2017 22 October 2019