CLA4000 - Reading Greek
12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate Faculty of Arts
Leader(s): Dr Evangelia Anagnostou-Laoutides
Clayton First semester 2009 (Day)
Students continue their study of Ancient Greek in class work and develop an independent research project on an area of Ancient Greek studies of their choosing, subject to the approval of the lecturer.
By the completion of this unit, it is expected that students will:
- have a consolidated knowledge of Ancient Greek;
- be able to analyze key concepts in Greek literature and society in the source language;
- demonstrate knowledge and application of a range of methodological and theoretical approaches to Classical Studies;
- engage in independent research;
- demonstrate an advanced level of analytical and written skills.
Written work (7000 words): 70%
2 x 1 hour Exams: 30%
Approximately 2 hours per week (classes and individual supervision)
Major in Classical Studies