BMC4110 - Medicinal Chemistry Honours Research Project 1 (Part time)
18 points, SCA Band 0 (NATIONAL PRIORITY), 0.375 EFTSL
Undergraduate, Postgraduate Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
This 18 point unit will be the research part of the Honours degree, a compulsory part of a 4th year research degree. This unit will provide the students with an understanding of the processes involved in the design, development and implementation of a research project and provide them with the knowledge and skills for higher studies and learning in the Medicinal Chemistry discipline.
At the completion of this unit the participant will;
- Be able to critically review the scientific literature in their discipline.
- Have a detailed understanding of the processes involved in the design, development and implementation of a research project.
- Be able to execute and analyse a set of laboratory-based studies.
- Be proficient in computer based literature searching, accessing Material Safety and Data Sheets (MSDS) and other computer programs commonly used in their chosen Medicinal Chemistry discipline.
- Be able to present scientific results in a style suitable for publication.
- Have the capability to pursue higher studies and learning in the Medicinal Chemistry discipline.