Postgraduate Expo MacBook Air Promotion 2013
Terms and Conditions
Register and attend the Postgraduate Expo at BMW Edge, Federation Square on Tuesday 28 May 2013 from 4pm to 7pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) to automatically go into the draw to win an Apple MacBook Air.
- Information on how to enter this competition and prize details published by Monash University form part of these terms and conditions of entry (Terms).
- The promoter is Monash University (ABN 12 377 614 012) (Monash).
- Entrants are open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18, excluding employees of Monash University and their immediate families.
- The competition commences at 5pm on Friday 15 March 2013 and closes at 7pm on Tuesday 28 May 2013 (Competition Period).
- To enter, entrants must, before the close of the Competition Period:
- register online to attend the Postgraduate Expo being held on Tuesday 28 May 2013 at BMW Edge, Federation Square (Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000) by fully completing and submitting the registration form available at www.monash.edu/postgradevents; and
- visit the registration table at the Postgraduate Expo located at BMW Edge, Federation Square between 4pm to 7pm on Tuesday 28 May 2013 to have their attendance recorded.
- Entrants may only enter the competition once.
- All entries become the property of Monash.
- Monash reserves the right to disqualify any entries in its absolute discretion.
- Entries that are offensive, racist, sexist or discriminatory will not be considered.
- Monash reserves the right to cancel, terminate, delay, modify or suspend the promotion at any time.
- Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable and late entries are invalid. Monash accepts no responsibility for late entries or entries not received for any reason.
- There will be one winner. The winner will be determined by a draw which will take place on Thursday 30 May 2013 at 11am at Monash University, Caulfield Campus. The draw will be by a random number generator.
- The winner will be notified by email or phone and their name will be published online at www.monash.edu/postgradevents on Friday 31 May 2013.
- The winner will win one Apple MacBook Air 11” 64GB with a total approximate retail value of $1,099.00. All costs associated with the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within seven (7) days of the draw by the daytime contact number supplied on the entry form or through the email address supplied on the entry form, Monash may, in its sole discretion, conduct a re-draw within 45 days of the original draw date, in the same location and using the same method. The winner will be contacted as per clause 13.
- The prize winner, must provide photographic ID, birth certificate or current passport when collecting the prize.
- The prize must be taken as offered and is not redeemable for cash or an alternative prize. The prize is not transferrable.
- Monash accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the competition.
- Without limiting clause 18, Monash makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, Monash is not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by Monash or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner, and where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of Monash or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
- Monash’s decision on all aspects relating to this competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
*Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.