We work with the University community to develop a proactive safety culture, prevent injuries and illnesses in the workplace, comply with occupational health and safety laws and promote wellbeing.
Our occupational health and safety role
- Develop and implement strategies and programs to promote occupational health and safety and meet legal requirements.
- Advise and consult with University staff and students.
- Develop and provide specialised training.
- Measure and assess workplace hazards.
- Arrange medical monitoring of staff exposed to workplace hazards.
- Monitor and analyse incidents, injuries and occupational ill health and advise on risk reduction measures.
- Monitor and report on the performance of faculties and divisions.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and external bodies.
- Keep records in line with legal requirements.
- Meet statutory reporting requirements.
- Develop programs and information to promote staff wellbeing.
- Support staff to achieve a healthy work/life balance in 4 main areas: physical activity, mental health, nutrition and general health.
OHS Management at Monash University: structure, functions, roles and responsibilities (pdf 158kb)