Information for current teachers
Current teachers should download the program guide 2013 (pdf, 6,484 kb). Also remember to note down the key dates. Please note the Program Guide 2013 & application form will be ready in October 2012.
To order your copy, please email email@example.com providing your name and your postal address.
You will also note that we have changed our name from Enhancement studies to Monash Extension.
Teachers and schools interested in getting involved
Monash Extension welcomes inquiries from teachers interested in Monash Extension, and schools interested in hosting a centre. We are happy to visit your school to discuss the details in depth.
What is expected of a host school?
Host schools play an important role in Monash Extension. We provide the schools with all teaching materials, and support teachers. Schools should:
- sign an agreement with Monash Extension. View the sample agreement (pdf, 62 kb)
- promote the program within their school and local networks
- ensure student applications are complete
- provide a mentor for each student
- provide a suitable teaching venue outside normal school hours
- be willing to take students from other schools. All secondary school centres run at schools should allow students from surrounding areas to join in Monash Extension classes.
- provide a detailed CV
- liaise with Monash academic staff regularly.
For the host school, benefits include:
- the opportunity to expand your gifted program and engage your high achievers
- the ability to claim for admin costs - up to $30 per student per semester for photocopying and administration related fees.
For teachers, benefits include:
- professional development
- access to Monash University libraries and Monash online
- a Monash teaching email address and online teaching tools
- payment of $79.15 per hour.