- To enhance understanding of the structure of Monash University, including its management structure;
- To increase knowledge of the broader environment within which Monash University operates and the strategic management issues addressed by senior management;
- To develop leadership capabilities by exposure to senior management personnel and their decision-making processes;
- To raise the profile of participants amongst senior management;
- To increase the confidence of participants in operating at senior decision-making levels;
- To provide enhanced networking opportunities between participants, and between participants and members of the senior management team.
Women from Academic Level D (Associate Professor) and above and HEW Level 10 and above are invited to apply for one of 12 positions in the program,. The program will particularly suit those who have previously had limited exposure to members of the senior management team and senior level meetings.
Selection will be aimed at obtaining a balance of academic and professional staff and a cross-section in terms of faculties, divisions and campuses.
A selection panel with evaluate each of the applications based on the following information from each applicant:
- Evidence of previous leadership/management experience demonstrating leadership potential;
- Statement of career objectives/aspirations; and
- Statement of expected benefits from participating in the program.
Applicants will need to:
- Have their application endorsed by Dean, Head of Department or relevant supervisor.
- Demonstrate an ability to commit to the requirements of the program.